Hardware Test Engineer (Intern)
Other Engineering, Quality Assurance
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
As a Hardware Test Engineer Intern at Simbe Robotics, you will contribute to a talented team of roboticists working on Tally -- our fully autonomous mobile robots for retail inventory scanning.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with ongoing testing of our robot hardware and software.
About this role
- Assist with ongoing QA testing and develop streamlined processes to both capture issues and efficiently test the complete robotic system.
- Evaluate results of testing and highlight areas for improvement.
- Develop automated and semi-automated test capabilities for the robots and new feature releases (automatic charging and barcode scanner testing) and assist with testing those features.
- Help develop a robust management system for test resource allocation (test space, robots, servers, test equipment).
- Work closely with the product development team for any ongoing prototyping or validation needs.
- Manage hardware inventory, field team support on hardware issues, and the replacement part configuration and preparation.
- Currently, studying Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or relevant engineering degree.
- Exposure to SW development concepts and programming languages (C++ and Python).
- Experience with basic HW design, fabrication techniques, and mechanics of materials.
- Experience performing tests on physical systems.
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) and Linux command-line operations and debugging.
- Experience with building test fixtures and automated testing routines.
- Some experience with Jira, Confluence, git, and docker.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities, with the capability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on project goals and timelines.
- Self-driven, passionate, and constantly pursuing knowledge and excellence.
- Job Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA.