Operator/Assembly (Temp) - Day shift
Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded late-stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that infectious disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby has developed the world’s first single-use PCR platform that disrupts the traditional model and redefines the way infectious disease is tested and treated.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Operator / Assembly is a temporary role on Swing Shift that is primarily responsible for supporting the manufacturing build and test of Company product.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Support manufacturing build demands
- Understanding of documentaion procedures, device batch records (DHR) Data History Records and able to populate data with no error
- Support testing of Company device, collect data and provide feedback to engineering when necessary for Engineering qualification build
- Read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Manufacturing Work Instructions.
- Ability to use tools such as microscopes, tweezers, glue dispenser and other hand-held tools.
- Escalate issue(s) to engineer, management, and/or peers in a clear, effective and timely manner.
- Follow established quality policies and adhere to operating procedures and guidelines.
- Understand and adhere to company code of conduct and Policies
- Other duties assigned by manufacturing supervisor and or line leader
- Flexible to work in different manufacturing facilities/buildings
- Must be a team player and able to demonstrate willingness and ability to provide assistance to supervisor, lead and co-workers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Adhere to company attendance policy
- Adhere to company's PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements when entering the Lab
- Maintain lab housekeeping (5S) practices
- Adhere to manufacturing leadership escalation process
- Able to work overtime when production demand/schedule requires
- Other duties as assigned
ON YOUR FIRST DAY WE’D LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- High School level equivalency (English reading / writing proficiency).
- 2-5 years in an ISO environment (FDA regulated Medical Device industry is a plus).
IT’S GREAT IF YOU HAVE
- Good hands-on assembly with attention to details.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions with minimal supervision.
- Perform repetitive tasks with consistency and accuracy.
UNIQUE ASPECTS OF THIS JOB (examples)
- Schedule: Monday - Friday; 2:30pm - 11:00pm
- Physical aspects: Standing, sitting, walking, repetitive movement, safe chemicals handling, safe lifting, comfortable performing repetitive tasks and/or motions, must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs
- $19/hr - $21/hr (Minimum to maximum salary range for candidates based in San Jose, CA)
- Compensation for the role is based on geographical location.
- Compensation also depends on a number of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
More about our benefits
Visby offers highly competitive health insurance through Cigna or Kaiser, including a company-funded HSA option. We also offer a 401k match, flexible paid time off, 11 company holidays, and many other contemporary benefits and perks.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Visbees is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status.
Full COVID Vaccination Required - Reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons considered.